Will Work For Food offers a unique opportunity for members to impact two communities through a single project. Equipped with this double-edged sword, Andrew feels extremely passionate about this organization as he is given the ability to not only benefit his local communities in Baltimore and Ann Arbor, but also simultaneously help solve the issue of global acute malnourishment abroad. As the world grows more interconnected with each passing year, Andrew feels that this generation must assume responsibility in treating the problems abroad like problems of their own. Andrew loves that WWFF provides him with the ability to benefit his own neighborhood while giving underprivileged children abroad a second chance at life.
Co Vice President of Finance
Daniel Friedman is a junior at the University of Michigan and is majoring in finance. He first got involved with WWFF during his freshman year and is currently Michigan chapter President. His favorite activities are the annual food drive in the winter semester and volunteering at Food Gatherers. He really likes WWFF because of the great people within WWFF and the groups with which they volunteer.
Henry Sholk is the new Regional and Outreach Manager for WWFF. He became involved with WWFF about 3 or 4 years ago when he was in high school in Baltimore, MD. Henry immediately fell in love with the program and has been involved ever since, especially since starting school at the University of Michigan this year. After taking a year to travel and do service around Asia and Africa, Henry realized the importance of programs such as WWFF and the substantial impact they can have on adults and children worldwide. At the same time, Henry believes that it is important that we do not forget about those struggling in our own local communities, which is why he is committed to and supports WWFF’s combination of both a local and global impact.
Vice President of Marketing and Social Media
Jackie Britva is a sophomore at the University of Michigan and is double majoring in Economics and Spanish. She first got involved in WWFF her freshman year and is currently the Michigan chapter President. After participating in many different philanthropic programs in high school, she is excited to be a part of such an amazing organization. WWFF has allowed her not only to make difference in her hometown of Chicago and now Ann Arbor, but also to help solve child malnourishment abroad. Along with WWFF, Jackie is also a Campus Student Ambassador for Coca-Cola and volunteers regularly with St. Jude Children's Hospital and Mott Children's Hospital.
Co Vice President of Finance
Sophia is a Junior studying business and international studies with a concentration in global health and environment. Sophia got involved with Will Work For Food during the winter semester of 2013. She loves the unique mission of Will Work For Food that doubles the impact of serving communities both locally and abroad.
The WILL WORK FOR FOOD initiative has been made possible thanks to the generous contributions of these individuals and institutions.
- Repair the World (New York, NY)
- University of Michigan President and Provost Offices (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Mike Levine (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Samuel and Jean Frankel Foundation (Troy, MI)
- Jack and Barbara Berman (Los Angeles, CA)
- Steven and Nancy Grand (San Francisco, CA)
- David Mounts Family Foundation (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Gelman Education Fund (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Robert Krasnov (Boca Raton, FL)
- University of Michigan Hillel (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Fred Wilpon (New York, NY)
Will Work For Food Board
- Rick Hodes, MD: Joint Distribution Committee, Mother Teresa's Mission. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Laurie Blitzer: Former Executive Director of Non-Profit and External Affairs of McKinsey & Company. New York, NY
- Edith Everett: President, The Everett Foundation. New York, NY
- Chuck Newman: CEO, Ann Arbor Recellular. Ann Arbor, MI
- Larry Moses: President, The Wexner Foundation. Bexley, OH
- Shlomi Ravid: Executive Director, Institute for Jewish Peoplehood. Tel Aviv, Israel
- Harlene Appelman: Executive Director, The Covenant Foundation. New York, NY
- Brock Strasbourger: Analyst, Barclays Capital. New York, NY
- Mike Paulsen: University of Michigan Medical School. Ann Arbor, MI
- Josh Cohen: WILL WORK FOR FOOD, Co-Founder.
- Jeremy Davidson: WILL WORK FOR FOOD, Co-Founder.
- Ben Legman: WILL WORK FOR FOOD, Co-Founder.
- Steven Weinberg: WILL WORK FOR FOOD, Co-Founder.